is a Russian accordionist, composer and music professor. He was born in Trubchevsk, Bryansk, Russia, and took up the Russian chromatic accordion (the bayan) at age 7, being taught by his father who also played the instrument. His international career began at age 21, achieving high remarks in various international competitions.
Semionov began teaching in 1968 at the Rostov Musical Pedagogical institute and became a professor of Gnessin Russian Academy of Music in 1988. His teaching has lifted more than fifty students to become competition winners at both international and Russian level. In addition, Viatcheslav Semionov has achieved the following awards and titles:
- Honoured Artist of Russia
- Vice-President of the Music Committee of the Confederation Internationale des Accordeonistes
- The Silver Disk at the International “Bayan and Bayanists” festival in Moscow
- Awarded “People’s Artist of Russia” by President Boris Yeltsin
- Laureate at the International Competition of Composers in Moscow
- Order of Friendship presented by President Vladimir Putin